Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Try Somethng New in Writing

I had the honor of doing something this week I said I would never do...

I ghost wrote a short story for a friend. She cried when it was finished and it made me feel good to be used in this way. I tried to be as articulate as I could, making sure that the story was her thoughts, words, feelings, and voice.

I guess I did and I can't tell  you the joy I felt that I was able to help someone else. It was a healing moment for her to grow and it was an inspirational moment for me. I learned to take a leap of faith and jump off the high dive again for Jesus. He has always caught me and he always will. I also believe I was being tested. Am I willing to help someone else with the creative gift he has given to me in many different ways besides the areas I already have?

Why wasn't I willing to ghost write for someone? I thought this through and it was fear, yes fear. I experienced fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of not pleasing someone else, fear of criticism, and arguments. This person doesn't write but she had a burning desire to see her unique story on paper. Maybe one day I'll share it on this site. It's a beautiful love story woven between her, her mother, and her savior, Jesus.

The trick to this was, we both came to the spring of life together and prayed. I wrote a rough draft by myself and then she came over today and we prayed again and asked God for the truth and her voice. It turned out the way the Lord wanted and we re-rejoiced together. Now...we must hit the send button and send it on it's way to it's new home.

 Praise the Lord! Thank you for a beautiful lady, beautiful story and beautiful experience for both of us.

Won't you consider trying something new in your writing in 2013? You may be surprised. I'll pray for you to jump and be blessed. :)  Many hugs  your way today as you drink and travel forward on  your writing road.

3 comments:

kenton said...

Ghost writing can be a real blessing, or a horror story waiting to be told. I'm glad you were blessed by this experience.

Anonymous said...

Paulette, what an encouragement to those of us who sit in fear of stretching beyond our comfort zone. Thank you. I wish you'd visit my blog today and share your story. This blog is about "Stirring of the Heart". The only way we can defeat fear is when the Holy Spirit stirs our hearts to accomplish God's marvelous plan for us and others.

DiAne Gates
http://dianegates.wordpress.com/
Moving the Ancient Boundaries
"Stirring of the Heart"

Paulette Harris said...

Thanks to you both for your kind words and encouragement. Email me Diane at coloradopolly@yahoo.com and we'll talk. I believe you want me to comment in your box about my experience? Or...do you want to copy and paste the blog that I wrote? It was Holy Spirit inspired and fun! Not saying I'll do it again though! :)