Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Voice of a Writer

It's fall again and a subject that consistently comes up in the writer's world that I live in is the voice of a writer. I find it in blogs, notes, speaking engagements, and coffee chatter. It seems that this is the time of year that we all settle in and begin to write more after conferences, vacations, and school starting back up.

The basic things are shared, but the important thing is...Do you sound like you? We all know what Jerry Jenkins sounds like and Francine Rivers, but do you know you? Don't try so hard, it'll come. The more you write, the more your heart will sing. I can't tell you how your voice will sound but the secret is to write, write, and then write some more. Write what God invites  you to, write what brings you joy, health, healing, and   positive affirmation. You will be satisfied, I promise as you write...the end.

I'm praying for you and I offer that you ask your creator to give you the special voice that he intended for you to have in your writing. Come with me to the waterfall and let's ask Him together.

"Father I ask that you would give my writer friends and me a clear sounding voice, a call, to come and learn of you and your Son, Jesus Christ. I want people to be able to pick up a book by Paulette L. Harris and say, yes, that's a person that writes, uniquely, individually, and consistently. I can tell by one sentence who the author may be. I ask for your help and guidance to become the writers you want all of us to be so that we can reach out to a hurting world. Thank you Father in the Name of Jesus Christ."

No comments: