Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Monday, September 1, 2008

Established, Anointed, & Sealed by God

Today,Jim left for a golf tourney in Arizona. He went with a very nice friend who loves him where he is in his illness and isn't afraid to take him to have fun. The nice thing is that he sees Jim as his fun-loving self with out the added bulk of oxygen tanks and tubes. I trust Jesus and our friend to care for Jim, no matter what happens, I know it is for everyone's best.

I truly believe that is how our Father sees us as writers. We are established in Him, anointed to do our work by Him, and He has sealed us in His Hand. A stamp of approval on us as we continue to pour out our life's experiences to a hurting world.

It is lonely and quiet tonight but my best friend is with me and my kitties are by my side as I write. It is a time for reflection as I send out yet more work for consideration and continue work on my latest WIP, And the Standards Bowed.

God wants us to enjoy our experiences and chalk them up for future work. Pick up your pen and splash around, laugh, live, learn.

By the way, the book I was a part of came! It is wonderful and I love the cover. It is the picture of a couple and the soldier's arms blend into the USA Flag as he wraps them around his loved one. The title is Faith Deployed and it is a collection of devotionals for military wives. Although I have published much, this is my favorite, I believe because it speaks to so many lonely people in the Body of Christ.
The author is Jocelyn Green and it will be available to the public in January 2009 through Moody Press.
And...if I can,then YOU can!

There is a quiet peace that flows through my home this evening,it is Labor Day and the sun has gone down. I smell the cool darkness and the end of summer barbecue.
The dogs are conversing with coyotes about some silly thing and I hear an occasional plane overhead as my computer hums a monotone note. Although it is not chilly, the coolness confirms that it is indeed fall around here; the Aspens are turning higher up and a slight breeze sends signals down the mountain.

Let no one argue with you my friend about your calling or purpose in life.
2 Corinthians 1:21:22 It is this God who has made you and me into faithful Christians and commissioned us apostles to preach the Good News. He has put his brand upon us__his mark of ownership__and given us his Holy Spirit in our hearts as guarantee that we belong to him, and as the first installment of all that he is going to give us.

Good news as I skip stones across still waters tonight.

Blessings my friends,
Paulette

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Paulette -

I popped over her from TWV2. Your comments on bad language in fiction were excellent. Look what happened when they allowed one single curse word in a movie. We got a flood of filth.

Blessings,
Susan :)