Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fountain of Youth

I love controversial politics. I get involved in studying the issues and also, this year,the Olympics. Unbelievable! Do you want to know one of my favorite things about keeping up with all the news...the advertisements!

This week I was intrigued by the "Fountain of Youth" waterfall. It was actually an advertisement for computers, but it was the theme that I was caught up in.

The line of people coming to the waterfall consisted of older folks. The poor people were hobbling and crippled with weaknesses of all types. As they moved into a pool of water and walked through the falling water of a large waterfall, they fell from the weight of the falls and got up as....children! They were laughing and playing all the way from the falls to the front of the screen. The line continued to come through and I thought that it was a beautiful illustration of healing waters.

Well, then that led to another thought, the healing waters of Jesus. What could that be?? No doubt to me, that was the healing Word of God in our lives. The waterfall that He so often wants us to plunge into for comfort,faith,love, and healing.

Oh that the weight of Jesus's Love, would cause us to fall on our knees in repentant prayer and praise. He offered His hand and lifted us up as a....newborn child!

Each day is fresh and specially made for us. Let us not take our "riches" for granted; fresh food, water, roof over our heads, the list goes on and on.

My grand daughter did a great job of singing about "His Hands" extended though ours.

Take the hand of Jesus through mine and I will lift you out of the waterfalls to him.

Isiah 55 Say there! Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink__even if you have no money!
John 7:37,38 If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.
For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water shall flow from
the innermost being of anyone who believes in me.

My, my you look good and much younger today my friends.

Have a great day in Jesus!

No comments: