Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Encouragement

Perhaps words of encouragement are overused or underrated. Too often we speak hastily and say what we think others want to hear in order to hurry the conversation along.
We live in a busy world, no doubt about that.

I love that I have email and am able to be on several threads with all types of people.
The honesty that comes from them is mind-boggling as people share their writer's hearts, the rejections and successes. And....the misunderstanding of well-meaning statements.

This week we lost a wonderful writer and the love that came though was sweet. I wonder if Kristy Dykes knew what so many of us thought of her and her life. Now she does of course, but I wonder how many took the time to tell her that she was loved and needed as a fellow traveler of the Word through her pen. At her request, her husband, Milton kept a daily log of the wonderful life that our sister had to share. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor last fall. Mel's time wasn't easy but he was faithful to her request.

I am reminded as I return from visiting a frail mother that life is so short and we must keep our priorities in order. Each time I return from Montana, I wonder if it was the last time to be able to hug mom. This year, all I was able to do was put both arms around her and hold her close. Her body is not able to handle any strong embrace or hug, just a gentle touch which she appreciated.

I have started a fifth novel, but after 4,000 words, needed to stop and see my mother, when I got back, I caught up on emails and details that parallel novel writing. That's when I found out about our fellow traveler, Kristy. I'm told her favorite scripture was Palm 94:19. It seems fitting that I share this part of her writing life with you dear ones.

When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.

My tears overflowed with gratefulness to a loving caring God who points the way toward home everyday. And....He provides some along the way that really care.

Today, I care about you and so does our Jesus. I am lifting you into His arms to comfort and direct you.

Blessings my friends,
Paulette

2 comments:

lynnmosher said...

Oh, Pauletter. How beautiful. Your words of encouragement in this piece and your welcome to the group has touched my heart. I am honored to be a part of this group and I deeply appreciate your welcome. Thank you! May the Lord bless you outrageously!

Lynn Mosher

Tea with Tiffany said...

Sweet Paulette,

Your gentle spirit and love are felt in your words of encouragement here. Thank you.

I'm sorry your mom is getting more frail, but I am glad you were able to be with her and hug her. And Krysty sure did encourage others. She's free now.

Sorry I haven't been visiting as I lost your blog addy, so I was happy today to receive your link with your comment on my blog. Thanks. I do care about you, my friend. Hope to hug you soon!

Keep writing and loving well.

Love,
Tiffany