Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Friday, July 22, 2011

Heart Help

Perhaps it's time to take a look at our personal writing lives and examine everything about ourselves. Health is a major thing to consider. Remember the choice you make...makes you. :)

What's this got to do with writing? Well, if you aren't getting enough oxygen, your brain becomes fuzzy and you are fatigued most of the time.

I'm keeping this short today. I'm just out of surgery for a blocked artery in my heart.

PLEASE NOTE: Women's symptoms are different than men's. Here were mine for over thirty years. They started out one or two at a time until...it was almost too late. Let me clarify something; my heart or chest never once hurt. I've had several major surgeries and it was never caught.

Fatigue, shortness of breath, nothing in particular set off the symptoms. Sometimes I would be watching TV or in bed. Lots of mis-diagnoses happened over the years. About a year before blockage was finally discovered I experienced severe pain in between my shoulder blades. It was as if someone had hit me there with a two-by-four. Then my throat seemed to swell up and I couldn't breathe. The way a person with an asthma attack would describe what was happening. Then I got excruciating pain in my jaws, cheekbones, and running up my temples. The pain shot out through the top of my head and I was left with a bad headache. I never get headaches so this was new for me.

So, my precious female doctor caught it and today Praise the Lord, I'm still on earth for my 61st Birthday on August 1st. I'm still writing too, but for the moment I'm sitting by the falls and letting the spray cool me. Doc says no driving and must rest for about three weeks. That's hard for me to do. I love my family, gardening and writing. But now, I visualize finally being able to break 100 on the golf course.

Praying for all of you this fine day in the Lord Jesus. :)

Love, Paulette

No comments: