Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I am motivated to start blogging again. It's been an amazing journey into 2010. So much happening around the Harris House that I got overwhelmed.

We spent time working on preparing my in-laws house to put on the market the 1st of April and when we returned from Texas, there were lots of demanding messages that needed to be answered.

The most exciting one though was one for our grand daughter Aimee. She was asked to perform at a military talent show and she sang two songs. That meant extra time and practice with rehearsals thrown in for good measure. We prayed, and she committed her talent to the Lord. She witnessed to me such faith in God's control of her life that I felt rather ashamed. You see, she is only 15 and I often wonder where her teenage head is, but this was so big to me. She missed by only a couple of points and still smiled, not a tear was shed, but my heart was broken for her. We were all tired and she did such a beautiful job of performing. But...she was happy, for the opportunity, the chance of two more years to do it, the offer to do more work for the person that invited her try out and lastly, all the cute cadets that came up to her after-wards with words of encouragement not to give up and that she was going far in her chosen career of music. She said, "It's not my time yet. God will do it for me when the time is right. I have to keep working!"

Well, did I learn? Yes! We have to keep on smiling fellow artisans. God knows the "perfect timing" for each of us.

I know you are tired and struggling with some of a ton of writing issues.

Spring is here, take a walk and smell the roses. It's okay to take a break during your writing day. As you move, you will receive some new inspiration or revelation. Allow the Spring Winds to brush through your hair and fill your nostrils with fresh new air and ideas. Take a butterfly net with you to catch what God has for you to move forward in the new year. Have a Happy Spring.

I would ask for prayer for Jim and me as he receives a pacemaker this Friday.

I have been asked to speak on "voice" in June and I will be posting on that subject the next post so please come and sit with me as we work together in Jesus.

Love,
Paulette

1 comment:

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again. Hugs!! Tiff