Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Answers in Christ

Ephesians 3:12 Now we can come fearlessly right into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome when we come with Christ and trust in him.

Have you ever been in a place where there was just too much noise? Sometimes, you can't hear yourself think or hear the voice of the master. I am thinking of the loud silence of the Grand Canyon or the rushing noise of Niagara Falls.

I just returned from a writer's conference, Christian Writers Guild at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. Every year God provides me exactly the food and knowledge I need to take the next step forward. However, the place is so lovely,the studies so intense and the fellowship so awesome that I have to be careful not to get distracted and to press my spirit to "just listen" to his voice for me as an individual writer.

This year, I was aware of what I needed to do and so Jim and I prayed for several days before the conference that I would be protected from distraction and be able to hear and press in on what Jesus had to say to me. I am still picking myself up because the answer was so embracing and loving. I heard like I have never heard before. My call was clear and concise and I am encouraged to continue forward in the writing world.

I also believe I learned to respond to others better in their need to have some self-worth there. I was blessed to be one of the "older writers" and had many come to me for prayer and encouragement. That meant a lot to me. I want to be an encourager to those who are serious about writing for God. It is a huge responsibility and we need all the hugs we can get, verbal or otherwise.

I was also blessed to be complimented on my hard work and prayed for by several people. One in particular gave me a word of prophetic value and it was so personal that I know it was from God especially for me to embrace and walk into. He opened several doors that I didn't even know existed!

Now, if he does that for me, of course he will do it for you. He is alive and well, yesterday, today and tomorrow!

So, today press into Jesus and ask him what he wants from you and then accept the prayers of one who loves you and wants to see you succeed in your writing. Remember why you are doing it and for who. I am praying. If you want some specific prayer, email me at coloradopolly@yahoo.com. I am right over here by the well and dipping the cup of life into the deep clear and clean water. Do you need a drink this morning?

Love,
Paulette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paulette Harris! This is Ian R. Dennison, teddyeno@yahoo.ca in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. How are you? I noticed the notice about your blog on a CWGI incoming message. God's power to you!
Please pray about and pay attention to my website and blog. What are your thoughts about them?
http://millenniumexplorers.awardspace.com/index.htm. The Explorers blog can be viewed at www.millenniumexplorers.blogspot.c om.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the downgrade issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=treedbnotes pro 3.3 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg