Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas

Stations of the Cross in Groom,Texas
Reason I Live

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Not a spirit of fear but of POWER!

2Timothy 1:7 For the Holy Spirit, God's gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.

I must admit there have been times when I have had to deal with fear of other people.
Fear of rejection, fear of being misunderstood, fear of saying or doing the wrong thing and then being corrected in front of my peers. Did you know that that is the number one fear of humans? Rejection from other people. The second biggest fear is the fear of death.

I have struggled with rejection for years and many times was tossing and turning all night about the things...woulda, coulda, shoulda, things that I could have said or done differently earlier in the day. But there is such a thing as "false guilt" and the enemy had me by my hair on that one. Thank goodness for Jesus who died for this weak spot in my emotions.

He says, Love others with His Love, fill yourselves up with the Word and His love. We can indeed love others with His love, even if we don't feel love towards them or don't feel love and acceptance coming from them. Our job is to cling to the vine of our Savior and produce fruit. We can't do it by ourselves. We need to go and be filled everyday so that the blessings can fall out of us upon others.

Give your fears precious ones to Jesus and press in to the mark of the high calling in your lives.

I was once encouraged by a precious friend in Jesus to actually step into the fear and embrace it with Jesus and move forward in what He called me to do. I did and guess what?? As I pressed, the fear evaporated. I was a conqueror in Jesus!

Let's come together this week and Praise him in the falling midst with arms upheld as King's Kids for His death on the cross bringing us the freedom to do our assigned work.

Have a great week in Jesus!

Love,
Paulette
www.pauletteharris.biz
comeandsitawhile.blogspot.com

No comments: